Thursday, August 14, 2008

My cartoon strip

I have always enjpyed the art of the cartoon strip. People like Charles Shultz, Berkeley Breathed and Bill Waterson were able to distill life's foibles with just four funny panels. The strip above is my creation, and I think it is pretty good. Not good enough for the newspapers because they no longer want good, they want to appease, especially if the artist (from some of the new strips, the term artist may be a misnomer) is related to the publisher in some way. From my viewpoint, a carton strip should be funny and evocative as well as well-drawn.

I am going to continue posting Rockpile, changing the strip on a fairly regular basis. If you like what you see, please comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! :)
Yeah I like what I see! The cartoon strip was pretty good.
The only thing is that try to make them a bit bigger, because it's kinda' hard to read.. because the strip is just too small and the words kinda blur out!

Lots of luck with your blog!

And welcome to the blogger community!
(I'm new here on blogger forum and well on blogger too :))

Ingrid
xoxoxo

Bob Beers said...

Thanks Ingrid. If there is a way of making it bigger, I haven't found it yet. I may need to change templates.

Bob